We use automatic tracking mechanisms (cookies) to collect certain data regarding users of the Website (“you” or “your”) while you are browsing the Website, in order to distinguish you as a user, either for the duration of your visit (“session cookie”) or when you return (“persistent cookie”).
A cookie is a small file, stored on your browser or computer hard drive, which is used to collect data about your interactions with our Website, such as browser type, operating system, IP address, browsing date and time. The cookie does not collect any data from your computer or access your personal files.
We use different types of cookies, including:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies that enable you to navigate on our Website. These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Website will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functional cookies that enhance the functionality and personalization of our Website by storing your preferences. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Analytics/Performance cookies that improve the performance of our Website and provide you with a better user experience. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Website. We use Google Analytics to understand how our sites are used and to improve experiences within the Service. If you want to know more about how Google Analytics works or to exercise choice in regard to the data collected by it, please visit here:
- Social Media cookies. These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the Website to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements which might be of interest to you; help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns; and understand your behavior after they see an advertisement, etc. These cookies may remember that you have visited the Website or third parties’ websites.
3. EXPIRATION TIME
Cookies may be kept stored on your browser or computer hard drive for as long as you keep such browser active, for session cookies, or for a longer period, for persistent cookies.
Cookies are placed on your device by us (“first party cookies”) or by third parties providing certain services to us such as analytics and advertising (“third party cookies”).
If you deny the use of all cookies (except the Strictly Necessary ones), neither first-party cookies nor third-party cookies will be used. There will be no differentiation between both types of cookies.
Where legally required, you can choose whether to allow us or third-parties (our analytics) to set cookies which are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the website via the cookie banner and settings provided on the website.
- Internet Explorer users:
- Mozilla Firefox users:
- Google Chrome users:
- Safari users:
6. YOUR CONSENT AND ITS WITHDRAWAL
We will process the cookies, other than Strictly Necessary Cookies (please see 7. LEGITIMATE INTEREST), based on your consent to this policy, but you may withdraw such consent at any time (please see 5. HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES? above). But our processing of the cookies until your withdrawal will be lawful.
7. LEGITIMATE INTEREST
As described in 2. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE? above, Strictly Necessary Cookies are necessary for the Website to function. In addition, these cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. Therefore, we have a legitimate interest in using these cookies for the purpose of operating the Website and we will be able to use the same without your consent for such purpose.
The use of some kind of cookies are necessary in order for us to operate (part of) the Website, and there may be cases in which you may not be able to use the Website if you do not agree to the use of such cookies.
The cookies may be transferred for the operation of the Website to Morinaga & Co., Ltd. and its affiliates, who are located outside of the EEA, in Japan and other countries. Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as EEA member countries, i.e., many of the rights provided to data subjects in the EEA may not be given.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You may request from us access to, rectification or erasure of, and restriction of processing of cookies, may object to the processing of cookies, and may request data portability. We accept your requests at the contact point below. Also, you may raise objections with the data protection authorities having jurisdiction over the location where you live about the processing of cookies.
Because the Website uses Targeting cookies (please see 2. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE? above), we may be able to deliver advertisements customized for you, and keep track of advertisements you saw that we placed on third parties’ websites, etc.
By agreeing to this policy, we obtain your express consent to the abovementioned processing or targeting cookies. However, you may object to such processing at any time.
< MORINAGA & CO., LTD.>
33-1, SHIBA 5-CHOME, MINATO-KU, TOKYO 108-8403 JAPAN